Thoughts I’ve been picking up from some my coaches and mentors the last few months. Its too bad the system didn’t teach me this type of mindset while I was growing up…
* There are wanderers and followers or achievers and influencers.
* You cannot put a pricetag on time.
* I don’t want to be at the end looking back saying “I wish I would have or could have…”
* Borrowing your way into oblivion for a future that you cannot control and that is not gauranteed is not good coaching.
* You don`t buy a drill because you want the drill. You buy a drill because you want a hole. The drill is simply a vehicle to get you what you want.
* The gauranteed path to failure is to try and please everybody.
* Don`t mistake activity and productivity.
* We went after a future we thought we wanted based on the options we had been given. Financial freedom was never an option shown in school.
* As you remain employed you will choose to either stay with èm and play with èm or to leave to feed èm. You have no other choice in that game.
* Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you are the faster it seems to go.
* In the job world your opportunity is someone else`s misopportunity.
* How many people were sold a bill of goods from K – 12 and trained to sacrifice lifestyle of workstyle?
* If the key to financial success is intelligence then why are there not more millionaires?
* Tigers don’t lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
* Destiny is not about chance, but about choice.
* Poverty is a mindset that leads to being broke.
* Freedom trumps career every time.
* Develop the best. The best develop the rest.
* The key is not to prioritize your schedule but to schedule your priorities.
* The more education a person has the less they know.
* Most mne have three spouses. Friends. Boss. Wife. Which one do you think is the first to go?
* Do you think opinions from friends and family on a subject means you’re educated on that subject?
* Do you think everything outside of a job is a “pyramid”?
* No one is average. They just choose average paths.
* The best job starts at 12:00pm, ends at 1:00pm and has a lunch hour in between.
* Why we do what we do is much more important than what we actually do.
* Money amplifies character, problems and magnifies your heart.
* You cannot reach higher ground until you reach a common ground.
* You will never get ahead until you change the way you make money.
* You aren’t skeptical of the facts, you’re skeptical of yourself and your own abilities.
* If you want a man to build a ship, don’t give him the tools to build the ship. Give him a love and hunger for the sea.
* Followers take someone else’s experience and make it their own. Leaders make their own experiences.
* You need someone to speak belief into your life because if you don’t all you will have is your own doubts.
* Trying is a noisy way of doing absolutely nothing.
* Invest your life for a high return.
* An hour around a wise man is worth a month of a good book.
* If you’re always trying to avoid risk you will end up with nothing but regret.
* Never share your problems with people who aren’t part of the solution.
* Never steal a struggle from someone for within that struggle is their victory.
* You’re only dead when people don’t know that you ever lived.
* You can’t be picky if you don’t have another way to retire young.
* Are you a middle class thinker or a world class thinker?
* You never rise above the level of your mentorship.
* If you end up having a gifted child, will you be able to afford them?
* True tenure rewarded should give you your time back.
* Support what supports you.
* Faith is having the courage to step off a ledge and if there are no steps below your feet knowing that you’ll build them on the way down.
* In a job you’re only as good as your last sale or performance evaluation.
* If you do nothing or try nothing you become what you’ve done – nothing.
* Everyone was born an original. Most people die a photocopy.
* For long term success you must have a vision. The vision will give you discipline which will produce passion to overcome.
* A man who will lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
* A leader gets disappointed but never frustrated.
* A leader faces the music even when he doesn’t like the tune.
* If you see someone wearing a tie at night they are probably very wealthy. If you see someone wearing a tie during the day, they are probably very busy making someone else very wealthy.
* Most people are in a position where there take home pay won’t take them home.
* This is a mentorship opportunity with a business on the side.
* If you want to change the direction of your family tree, start taking advice from people outside the family tree.
* Wealth is not about the amount of money you acquire, its about the mindset you have that allowed you to get it.
* You’re either all in to something by accident or on purpose.
* You have to believe in the blueprint before you erect the building. Without belief nothing is ever created, started or completed.
* Does your dream run your life? Or your job?
And more truth will be learnt in the upcoming year. What a journey so far. Here’s to more and more growth.